VIDEO: Flowers for my Mamma with Erica

Hi guys! 
It’s Erica back on the WOW! Blog and YouTube channel, with a flowery card for my lovely Mamma. 


I have used some fun layering stencils, called Heartfelt Thanks, from Pinkfresh to make my card, as well as the coordinating stamp. I have used pink and green inks to create the panel, and the ink blending is done with Life Changing Blender Brushes. It’s important to let your ink blending dry properly before you attempt any heat embossing, to avoid stray powder sticking to places you don’t want it. 


I actually left my panel for a full day to dry, and because I had a little poorly chica to look after. One of my doggies has got a blister between her little toes, and it requires medical attention as well as supervision to stop her from licking it. I do make her wear a sock, but she still tries to lick her little paw. 

With the help of the MISTI I lined up the panel with the coordinating stamp, Heartfelt Thanks, and stamped that with Embossing ink. I was very torn between Rose Gold and Rich Gold Pale for the embossing bit, but decided on Rose Gold in the end. Setting it with the heat tool is pure magic. I know I have said I will try stop using the M word but it really is magic, isn’t it?? 


To finish this card of, as it’s a slim line, I decided to spell out MAMMA (that’s mummy in Swedish) but wanted the letters to blend in with the flowers. The solution was to make glitter card stock using Petalicious and Fresh Stem embossing powders, from the English Garden Trio! By dabbing the Embossing Ink pad on card stock and then covering it with the embossing glitter, you can make your own super sparkly glitter card stock. It’s so easy and so brilliant! Just make sure to heat your embossing glitter from underneath to keep as much sparkled on your project as possible. 


That pink Petalicious one is sooooo lovely!!


And that Fresh Stem green has a bit of a golden surprise in it! Look at that gold, isn’t it gorgeous? 


Once I had cut the letters I needed(I used the All The Letters set from Concord & 9th) I alternated pink and green, I adhered them to the card with liquid glue and the help of my grid mat to make sure they went on straight. 


The final thing was to adhered the panel to a card base, and I picked a raspberry pink card stock for it. Sort of to frame the pink flowers. 


That’s it from me for today, but you can check out the video over on the WOW! Embossing YouTube channel! 

You can find more from me here

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. Making your own glitter card for the letters is such a great idea Erica and I love the flowers. A beautiful card for your Mum. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment