Video: Make Your Own Glitter Cardstock with Embossing Glitter!

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! 

It’s Erica here on the blog, with glitter everywhere. 

In today’s post I’m going to be playing with some new glitter powders and make my own glitter card stock for some word dies. You can hop on over to the WOW! Embossing YouTube channel if you want to see this in action. And yes, I realise I have already done this once this month, but these are more of the delicious new colours being released on the 25th! 

First I took some spare bits of card stock. I did use Neenah #110 to make sure it wouldn’t turn into a glittery goo, as I was intending to saturate the card stock with the Embossing Pad and then cover it in the glitter powder. The powders I’ve used are from the Pick Me Up Trio and the colours are called Punch, Minty and Earl Grey. 


To avoid a big mess, I used a sheet of acetate under the cardstock when I was dabbing the Embossing Pad on it. Then I transferred that to a sheet of cheap printer paper to collect the excess embossing glitter. 

With the Heat Tool on the lowest setting, I heated it from underneath, to avoid the glitter spraying all over the place. When these were all done, I used a word die from The Stamp Market that says Paper Hug. 


These I have layered up with the ‘shadow part’ of the die, with a coloured card stock to compliment, yet contrast a little. The fun thing about embossing glitters is that you can easily make your own glitter card stock. Either use a coloured glitter on white card stock OR use the Glisten Changer powder on coloured card stock! A much wiser investment money wise, not to mention it takes up a lot less space in your craft room. 

With the sentiments done, it was time to make some backgrounds and I used another die from The Stamp Market. This one is called Pierced Plaid Cover Die and it makes a lovely pattern on the card stock and takes a white background up a notch. On these I splattered some Distress Oxide Sprays in Worn Lipstick, Black Soot and Lucky Clover. 


The last thing to do was to add the sentiments to the backgrounds and then these to card bases. I almost added sequins, but decided to hold off (insert gasps of shock here!) I know, I know... Erica The Over-Sequinizer said NO to sequins?? What is going on?! Is the world upside down, back to front? LOL! 

With those last dramatics, I’m all done for the day. If you get a chance to watch the video too, thank you and see you soon again! If you shop, don't forget to use the code WOWDTEA to get 10% off your order! 

Lots of love, paper hugs and happy crafting from Erica 

Until the new trios are available, I have linked some other fun options below.

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/


Comments