Creating Sparkling Plaid with Jenny


Hi Everyone!

It's Jenny here, and today I have a fun and easy technique using WOW!  Sparkles to create a plaid background pattern full of glitz!


To create both of the cards I'm using one of my favorite WOW! Sparkles color combos -  Ice Pop and Peachy Keen.  They're both pastel, but tonnes of shimmer. Ice Pop has wonderful chunks of holographic material too that catch the light. Super pretty!


I adhere the Sparkles by using double sided tape.  Be Creative double sided tape comes in lots of different widths down to super slim and super wide - perfect for creating plaid.  Simply add the strips horizontally, remove the backing paper and shake on your first color.   Then add the double sided tape vertically (or in between the first set) and shake on another color.   Repeat until you have the look you want.    I like to buff the Sparkles with my finger to remove excess and ensure it adheres.


I'm using Pinkfresh Studio's Diagonal (and Slim Diagonal) Stitched Plaid cover dies.  These aren't necessary to create the look but they add a fun set of faux-stitching and also help with tape alignment.   I die cut them each from 110lb white cardstock and then added my double sided tape.  On the smaller panel I added the wider tape only in one direction and adhered Ice Pop.  I then used a thinner tape directly over the first and added Peachy Keen.   For my second card, I laid tape in both directions to create a more traditional plaid look. 

I finished each card with layered die cuts, cut from white cardstock and stacked four high. On the slim card I used Altenew's Festive Clusters, and on the smaller card I used the Catherine Pooler Hurray die. I added some WOW! Embossing ink at random directly with the pad and heat embossed with WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle for some subtle sparkle with an antiqued look. 

Finally, for the sentiment on my slim card, I used foam sticker letters and added Altenew's Essential Sentiment Strips die cut in gold. 

Jenny

Supplies

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. The double sided tape works beautifully with the sparkles Jenny, and I particularly love the look of the plaid in the two metallic tones, and lovely die cuts with the flowers and sentiments to finish. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment