Learn how to make 3D WOW! Melt-It embellishments. These sturdy 3-dimensional embellishments are perfect for cards, scrapbook pages, jewelry pendants, cake toppers, and more!
All the details on how to make 3D WOW! Melt-It embellishments are in this short cardmaking video tutorial. Watch here or in HD on YouTube. While you're there I'd love it if you like, subscribe, and share it with your crafty friends!
3D WOW! Melt-It Embellishments
WOW! Melt-It is a clear super fine embossing powder extender. Melt-It heats and melts faster than any other embossing powder. Mix it with your favorite embossing powders, glitters, and Changers to create unique 3-dimensional embellishments.
- WOW! Melt-It powder
- WOW! Dual Speed Heat Tool - or another heat tool
- WOW! Foil Melt-It Case
- Tonic Nuvo Craft Spoon - or another small metal spoon
- Silicone mold
- Craft spatula - heat resistant spatula is advised
Silicone Candy Molds
My finished WOW! 3D Melt-It card embellishments are about the thickness of the popped up sentiments. So, if you're planning on using your 3D Melt-It embellishments on your papercraft be mindful of how deep the molds are.
How To Mix WOW! Melt-It
- 2 scoops Melt-It
- 2 scoops Primary Purple Orchid
- 1 scoop Changers Glisten
Melt-It Green Letters
- 2 scoops Melt-It
- 2 scoops Primary Chartreuse
- 1 scoop Changers Sheen
Melt-It Glitter Hearts
- 6 scoops Melt-It
- 3 scoops Eco-Sparkles Anemone
- 1 scoop Primary Purple Orchid
WOW! Melt-It Tips
- Plastic spatulas can melt. Use a metal or heat resistant spatula.
- Use tweezers or clothespin to hold the foil case, it gets hot.
- Crimp the WOW! Foil Melt-It Case to create a pouring spout.
- Mix well and shake all the powder to the bottom near the pouring spout before melting.
- Continue to apply heat while pouring to keep the mixture flowing.
- If the mixture hardens in the mold before you flatten it with a spatula, apply gentle heat.
- If your embellishments are disfigured, put them back into the Foil Melt-It Case, melt again, and remold.
- Have fun!