Retro Birthday Mix with Gemma

Today I'm sharing a card inspired by the WOW Facebook challenge theme this month, which is Masculine. I've gone with a retro vibe for this card with fun bold stripes of embossed colour.


I began with the background. On a panel of white card, I used masking tape to mask a diagonal stripe. I added WOW clear embossing ink, then embossed the line with WOW Pastel Yellow embossing powder.

I repeated this process twice more, above and below the yellow line. I used WOW Primary Apple Red and Oasis embossing powders. I then added stitching detail to the panel with the Lawn Fawn Just Stitching Double Rectangles die set, before adhering the panel to a card base.


Next, I stamped the large cassette tape image from the Concord & 9th Mix Tape stamp set. I stamped the solid layer with a grey ink, then stamped the line image from the stamp set with clear embossing ink. I embossed each line separately, following the same three colours as my background. I also stamped the 'Birthday Mix' greeting and embossed with the Primary Apple Red embossing powder.

I cut out the cassette tape, then adhered it to my card with foam tape. To finish, I stamped a sentiment at the bottom of the card in black ink.


Have a lovely day,

Gemma




Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. A great retro style card Gemma with the cassette tape and the same colour stripes across the background and cassette which look fabulous, so bright and just perfect, and love the white on black sentiment strips too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment