Modern Lines with Gemma

Today I'm sharing a card inspired by the WOW Facebook challenge theme this month, which is Masculine. I think this design could work for both masculine and feminine cards, though. I used a similar technique with some beautiful floral images a couple of years ago - I'll link to that post at the end.


I began with a white card panel, cut slightly smaller than my card base. I used masking tape to section off areas of the panel, then added distress oxide inks to the corners. I used Squeezed Lemonade and Tumbled Glass distress oxide inks. Where they overlap in the middle, they created a lovely shade of green.

I left the panel a while to allow the ink to dry fully. You could also use your heat tool to speed this process up.


Next, I used a ruler to help me draw straight lines, with the WOW Embossing pen, on the panel along the edges of the inked areas. I then heat embossed the lines with WOW Metallic Gold Rich Pale embossing powder.

For the sentiment, I stamped a greeting from the Hello Bluebird Seaside Girls stamp set, using WOW Clear Embossing Ink. I heat embossed this with the same gold embossing powder as the lines.


To finish the sentiment, I die cut the word DAD from gold cardstock, using the Hello Bluebird Oliver Alpha die set. I love these thin letters, which complement the thin embossed lines around the card.

The gold embossing really steps this card up and the simple, bold design works well for masculine cards. Here is a link to a similar design, using florals for a more feminine look.


Have a lovely day,

Gemma




Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. The masking and inking looks great Gemma and a wonderful colour combination, and finished beautifully with the embossed edges and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment