VIDEO - Quick and Easy Christmas Cards with Jenny

I hope you've all been enjoying our Christmas themed month in October and are getting inspired by some of the xmas gorgeousness coming from the Creative Team - I know I certainly have!



I have three more Christmas cards today - these focus on being quick and easy to make, and would be perfect for mass producing.  I also created a video showing you just how easy these are to make.  You can check it out here and over on the WOW! YouTube channel.




Heat embossing always adds a special something to cards, especially when the recipient isn't a crafter and doesn't know how it was done!  For extra impact but keeping the cards easy, I like to pair bright colored cardstock with opaque embossing powders (so they show up), and then add a bold heat embossed sentiment.


The fun thing about this is that you can use almost any background stamp you have and any sentiment.  You can even mass produce but keep some variety by changing the embossing powder or the background color cardstock.


For my first card, I used Gina K Tranquil Teal cardstock and I paired it with the Simon Says Stamp/CZ Design Clean Line Trees.  I like the modern look with the bold color.  As these were a super fine line design I used a Superfine grade embossing powder.  I chose WOW! Metallic Copper embossing powder as this is opaque on dark cardstock and basically goes with anything!


I trimmed the panel down slightly and added it to a white notecard.  My SSS Merry Frame die sentiment is die cut from white cardstock and then I heat embossed the back panel in  WOW! Metallic Copper (the regular this time) twice, before adhering it all togther with liquid glue.  First card done!


My second card uses the exact same process, except I used SSS Doll Pink cardstock paired with WOW! Florida Sunset.  This is chunky gold and translucent pink and is just stunning.  The background is the SSS/CZ Design Reindeer background, and the sentiment is the SSS Joyful Frame die . - this time I heat embossed the outer portion of the letters and popped them up onto a white square background.


My final card uses SSS Bright Yellow cardstock and I heat embossed WOW! Metalline Greengage over the top which is a GORGEOUS combo.  The stamp I used is the SSS Leaves & Berries background. 


This time I used a bold stamped background - I chose WOW! Metallic Copper Regular again and stamped directly over the top of the heat embossed panel, layering the embossing.  I made sure to choose a chunky sentiment (it's from the SSS Holiday Greetings Mix 1) as these are great for heat embossing layers - you can see some of the texture from the embossing behind it.

I just love the bright and modern feel of these cards - super easy to make and mass produce, and they really pack a punch for the recipient!

Jenny x

Supplies




Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. I love that beautiful cards like these are quick and easy to make as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three very pretty cards Jenny and the stamped backgrounds all work beautifully with the different sentiments. I think for me the trees are the favourite as I love the gold with that blue background. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment