Vintage Chic Heat Embossing with Jenny - VIDEO

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a fun week - and thankful it's Friday! I know I am :) To celebrate the weekend, and to pick up the glamour theme of my last post, I've decided to get my 'vintage chic' on.  We are focusing on WOW! pearl embossing powders this month, and I just love the look of the Gold Pearl on black cardstock.  With the right background or die, it looks like vintage lace or a cocktail dress.



I've created two cards today featuring black cardstock and the Gold Pearl embossing powder, as well as a touch of Clear Gloss embossing powder.  You can check out the video over on the WOW! YouTube channel:


For my backgrounds on my cards, I used the Simon Says Stamp Modern Rose Background stamp.  I heat embossed it on black cardstock with the WOW! Gold Pear.  On another piece of cardstock I heat embossed it with the Clear Gloss embossing powder.   I LOVE how this shows up on the black cardstock (it's gorgeous on white too).



Another little trick - you can mix embossing powder in a mister bottle with a little water and then use the nozzle to flick it like you would a spray.  (It won't dissolve but the water keeps it adhered to the cardstock and allows you to flick it without it flying everywhere).  You can then heat this for an embossed spatter look.  I did this with the Clear Gloss embossed background.


I then die cut two Altenew Frilly Frames from black cardstock.  I adhered one directly to the gold embossed panel.  With the second frame, I pushed the WOW! embossing ink pad onto the diecut and then heat embossed it with the WOW! Gold Pearl.  I let the die cut cool for about a minute then repeated to build up the layer.  Even though this is a super intricate frame, two layers of heat embossing still retain the detail.  I adhered this frame onto the clear embossed panel.



For the sentiments, I die cut the Erin Lee Creative 'Love' die five times.  On one of them, I once again added two layers of the Gold Pearl embossing powder, then adhered all five together and directly onto the gold frame card.  On my other card, I die cut the Heffy Doodle Hello die from gold mirror cardstock and vellum, adhered them together for a semi-3D look and then adhered them to the gold card panel. Both were adhered to black card bases.



While I didn't do it here, you could even emboss another sentiment inside the card with the WOW! Gold Pearl - as you can see it shows up so beautifully on black cardstock!

Next time you got to pick up the Gold embossing powder, be sure to give a thought to the Gold Pearl!

Jenny

Supplies


Comments

  1. This Gold Pearl EP looks very pretty against the black background and the very pretty die cut scalloped circle and large sentiments on both. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment