Watercolor Floral Scene with Jenny Colacicco - VIDEO

Hi Folks, Jenny here! What's your favorite WOW! embossing powder?  Mine changes all the time, but I have a few that I go back to time and again.  One of those is Metallic Brass.   It's a gorgeous warm goldy color, and I love to use it when I watercolor.


I created a video showing you how I made this card.  You can check it out over on the WOW! YouTube channel here:




I used the gorgeous WOW! Beautiful stampset  - this is super versatile - you can use the main focal image, or you can use the tiny stamps that come with it, or use both together like I've done here.  I heat embossed in between each stamping so I could see the scene I was building - I went for a loose scattered look to match the loose watercoloring.   

I also did a little bit of sprinklbossing by lightly sprinkling some of the embossing powder in the spaces on my card and heating from behind so that it didn't blow off.  I knew I was going to add some colored paint splatters at the end so thought this would go well with that. 


I painted the flowers with Daniel Smith watercolors -  I used a dot card, and first painted each shape with clean clear water, then dropped in the paint, using two different shades of purple for the main blooms, two different greens for the leaves, and two different blues (with a bit of purple) for the little flowers.  I then added splatters in the background. 

I finished my card by stamping the sentiment from the set in WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder onto grey cardstock and popped it up on foam tape. A few sequins finished my card!

Hope you like it! Be sure to tell me what your favorite go-to embossing powder is! 

Jenny 

Supplies


Comments

  1. This is beautiful Jenny and the colours are so pretty and I love that flower stamp too. TFS the video too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment