Heat Embossed Impression Stamping with Jenny Colacicco


Hi Everyone, it's Jenny here and I'm so excited to be joining you today with my first official post for WOW! Embossing as a member of the Design Team!

I have a video to share with you today that shows you how to create imprints in all over embossed panels and create some really stunning effects.    You can check out the video here and over on the WOW! Embossing YouTube channel.  I'm using the new WOW! Dual Heat embossing tool in today's video, which some of you may have seen at Creativation - it was featured in a lot of 'top spots at Creativation' and I concur!! Love this tool!!



My first card uses a red rubber background stamp and WOW! Metalline First Frost embossing powder to create an all over impression in the liquid embossing powder.


Once the embossing powder cools, you're left with a beautiful set impression which you can then embellish with stamped images or die cut sentiments - the sky is the limit with this technique, even just using only one embossing powder colour - think of all the different background stamps you have in your stash! (I'm using My Favorite Things Floral Fantasy). 


You can see in the close up that in some areas the impression wasn't perfect, but this is a handmade card after all!  The huge benefit of this technique though is even if you really aren't happy with the results, you can remelt the embossing power completely and start again, without wasting any powder - yey!


My next card uses the same technique but I notched it up a level - my first layers of embossing powder are Primary Blue Topaz, but the top layer is Primary Bluetiful. I also added some sprinkles of Totally Teal embossing glitter for a bit of shimmer.


While the embossing powder is melted, you can use an acrylic block mounted stamp and press it into the panel, leave it a few seconds and then lift off. It doesn't damage your stamp and you're left with this beautiful image (I"m using Grateful Heart by Catherine Pooler Designs).   Even better, with using two complementary embossing powder colours, you can see the second colour underneath peeping through, and it gives an almost enamel look.


If you want to repeat the stamping, or add other images, as I did here with another floral image and a sentiment, you can just gently heat the panel (be careful to avoid your first stamped image to avoid remelting it away) and then stamp again.


Here's another example I created using the My Favorite Things Magical Mandala.  I created a Primary Chartreuse panel and added Oyster Glintz over the top.   This creates a wonderful green shimmery pearly look, almost like ceramics you might be familiar with (I'm definitely sure my mother had some like this!) .


I do hope you'll check out the video for more details on how to create these cards - if you make a card with this technique, make sure to tag us on social media (#wowembossing and #wowembossingpowder) so we can check out your creations!!

I'll be back again soon with some more ideas, so until then, happy heat embossing!

Jenny x

Supplies Used

Comments

  1. I love this technique, it looks so cool!! Thanks for sharing your cards and for making the video, fabulous inspiration. (mardy14@bellsouth.net)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the impression you got on all three of these beautiful backgrounds and such pretty colours of WOW powders too. I have tried this once but I have a love large rubber stamp which I know will look great using this technique. Congratulations on joining the DT Jenny. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment