Embossed Stripes with Gemma

Hello everyone, this is Gemma from mygirllollipop.com. I am thrilled to be joining the fabulous WOW design team and am looking forward to sharing projects with you!


Today I’m sharing two cards featuring a fun striped pattern. This design is easy to recreate with your favourite colours of WOW embossing powders and glitters, and perfect for both masculine and feminine cards.


I began by cutting two 4 inch square card bases, along with two pieces of white card the same size.

I cut wide strips of stick it adhesive sheet, then used scissors to create uneven edges to the strips. If you prefer the straight edges, then you could skip this step.


I then adhered the strips to the white card panels, varying the width of strips for a more interesting design.

Next, I chose some WOW embossing powders and glitters in a nice mix of colours. I removed the adhesive backing from the first strip and added the embossing powder over the top. I then heat set it with the WOW heat tool. I continued this step until all the strips were covered. For the Sparkles powders, there is no need to heat set them. Just give them a good burnish with your finger to adhere the glitter to the adhesive strips.


I added each panel to a card base with liquid glue, then chose some sentiments to go with them. For the more masculine colours, I chose the Neat & Tangled Celebrate dies for a lovely bold sentiment.

For the softer, more feminine striped panel, I stamped a greeting from the MFT Anything-But-Basic Birthday Wishes stamp set on to a sentiment tag. I layered it with a piece of black and white striped paper, then used a tiny attacher stapler to add it to the card. A few pieces of foam tape at the other end helps to give it some dimension too.


Thanks for joining me today. Below is the list of WOW products used on each card, along with links.

WOW products used - Card 1:
WS182 Sunset Boulevard Embossing Glitter
WS62R Calypso Embossing Glitter 
WL19R Oasis Colour Blend
SPRK016 Thistle Sparkles
SPRK007 Coral Beach Sparkles


WOW products used - Card 2:
WS175 Zeus Embossing Glitter
WG10 Perfect Plum Metalline 
WL18R Sweet Cheeks Colour Blend 
WG08 Kiwi Krush Metalline 
SPRK016 Thistle Sparkles



Comments

  1. What beautiful colours and textures using the different glitters and embossing powders on the stripes Gemma, and love the way you have finished them both with the different sentiments. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment