Pretty In Pink by Jaine


 Two things I'm starting to embrace as I get older are sparkles and the colour pink. My style was definitely not at all sparkly and shiny and pink was not usually in my repertoire but as I get older I find my style changing and softening somewhat.

I was asked to make a new baby card recently for a girl so my pink sparkly side well and truly came out to play. I have the cutest stamp set by Pink and Main too called Hedgehugs and the little hearts on it are the cutest.

Initially I watercoloured my background by smooshing it around in some dye ink which I'd smeared on my craft mat and sprayed with water to thin it down. Once dry I could stamp the hearts and emboss with Pink Sherbert Embossing glitter.


I cut some butterflies and dabbed the bottoms with ink and dipped them in the same Pink Sherbert.


I also covered a die cut heart with Oyster Glintz powder to give it a real shine 


and gave some letters the same treatment. Here you can see a closeup of the gorgeous embossing detail.


 I'm very pleased with how it turned out, soft subtle and quite girly.


Don't forget the blog hop with Honey Bee Stamps which is going on this week.  There are some fabulous prizes to be had plus some amazing inspiration too so do please take a look.

Jaine




Comments

  1. This is such a pretty personalised card Jaine, and adore the pretty butterflies and heart and beautifully designed. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment