Emboss Resist Watercolor Hello Card


Hello! Nicole here to share the very last project for the year of 2014 with you all- Where did 2014 go?? I can't believe in just couple of days we are going to be saying "hello" to the year of 2015. As a last project here on WOW! blog, I wanted to shake things up a bit and introduce a very colorful card. We've seen lots of holiday projects during the past couple of month so I thought this would be a nice break for you guys. And, who can say no to a colorful, bright, new card, right? 


I chose a big butterfly stamp set from my stash and decided to use it as the main part of the card. It has lots of details and I thought the Bright White Super Fine Embossing Powder would work perfectly together. It looks really complicated, but oh it is so simple! Check out the video tutorial above to see how this card comes together. 


I love using the Bright White Super Fine Embossing Powder since it catches all and any details of an stamped image. I highly recommend investing in it, if you haven't found the perfect white embossing powder for your crafting needs. 

Watercoloring on a heat embossed paper is a great way to bring out the colors and the detailed lines of an image. I simply used few colors from my Peerless Watercolor Set to create this blended look. Adding a very soft background color also helps the main image to stand out. I kept the sentiment really simple and clean by stamping a "hello" greeting with a Versafine Onyx Black Ink.

I hope you've been enjoying all the projects and inspirations we've been sharing with you in 2014. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and we look forward to be sharing more new projects with you in 2015! Have a Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Nicole 

Comments

Post a Comment