Glittering Christmas place settings



I have had a set of cheap glass plates for about 10 years now and always wanted to do something with them. The Christmas theme this month was the sign. I wanted to make fancy place settings! After some experimenting (read ugly and disasters galore) I tried out Salt & Pepper from the Sugar & Spice set. Oh WOW..... that worked  a dream.


Here is how you do it:

  • Spray glass plate with spray adhesive and sprinkle on embossing powder
  • Place plate in pre-heated oven for 5 minutes at 150 C
  • Take out an let cool
  • Admire gorgeousness

 I used Salt & Pepper which has a really nice black sheen, Spearmint Sparkle which is sophistication pure and Aniseed which is the red colour you can see in the pictures.


This is the spearmint sparkle decorated with a die cut. You can adapt them completely to your own colour scheme. 

The initial idea was to paint on the glass plates with embossing powders and I will take that idea up again when I have more time. Here is my first and not quite finished attempt, I can see this working with a combination of stamping, painting, stenciling ...........

Have fun with that easy technique and don't burn your fingers! Doris @ cheappsychology.co.uk

Comments

Post a Comment