Dream Big Altered Canvas

Hi this is Jenifer here with you today to share this fun canvas I made. I started out with a canvas that I had messed up on and was just laying around.  The first step was to scrunch up a couple layers of wax paper and  mod podge them to the canvas.  After that I used some spackling that I got from Home Depot and added a nice textured layer on top of the was paper.  I then took another sheet of wax paper and scrunched it up and went to town with my WOW powders.  I put the versamark pad directly on the paper not worrying about getting into all the nice little cracks.  After cutting out my embossed waxed paper into 3x3 squares I mod podged them to the canvas, at this point I felt they were a little to bright so I put a thin layer of white paint over the top and it went into the cracks and I was very happy with the results.  Then it was the layering of all the fun elements.

Here is a close-up of  all the details.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, it really is amazing what you can do with materials you may have laying around the house.
Supplies:
Wow embossing powders, Cable Car Red, California Sunshine, Earthtone Grape, Metaline Green, Opaque Primary Azure.
Wax Paper
Doily and vellum envelope the Curtsey Boutique
Flowers Prima
Architexture element (Old) Ek Sucess
Letter Stickers My Little Shoebox
Adhesive Therm O Web
Bling Zva Creative
Texture Spacking from Home Depot

Thanks you for stopping by today :)


Comments