Wooden Icicle

Hi Everyone
Sue Here


This months theme of Ice and Snow for WOW made me go back to a peg snowflake I made, earlier in the month and loved it so much I'm making another one with WOW embossing powders and Flock.

I purchased mine from Sainsbury's and at present it is buy a pack of 24 for £1.05 get another pack free!.  The snowflake takes 8 pegs so 3 from each pack.




Firstly you need to separate the pegs from the metal clip.

Next put the pegs together flat side, and glue with cosmic shimmer acrylic glue or a hot glue gun.  This makes 1 branch of snowflake.  Glue 4 branches together for the inner snowflake, then put a further 4 branches in between the others and leave to dry overnight.




Take some white acrylic paint and paint this on the snowflake.  It doesn't matter if you miss anywhere if you are going for the grunge effect.

I then pressed versamark into it and sprinkled holographic and blue blast embossing powder onto it and heat set.  Then put versamark on again in placed followed by bonding powder and again heat set.  The sprinkled blue flock onto the snowflake and heat set again.  I then lightly brushed some of the flock off to give a distressed look.




Next I die cut some flourishes and stuck these onto the front and added a diamante button for effect


At the top I stuck some blue cord with a hot glue gun.

Voila, your very own snowflake.
Take care speak soon, Sue

Comments

  1. Love the effect of the different powders and the flock as well! A little bit of reminiscence as well - I used to make peg mats in bulk for Christmas as a kid, though never as colourful...

    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment