Sun, Sea & WOW!!!

Hi my blogging friends, Rachel here again with my offering for this months Challenge.

When we were told to use the Earthtone Colours I immediately thought of this picture I took of my boys and hubby at Easter on our little get away to the Isle Of Wight. In my mind the colours in the photo really mirrored the some of the Earthtones and I knew I wanted to scrap this picture as it reminded me of a very happy day.


I started with a 12"square piece of kraft cardstock and using a dotted mask I inked through with embossing ink and then heat embossed using Paprika.  After a bit of blue card tearing (sea like?) I used the Paprika again to emboss onto some torn vellum stamped with the dotty border off the Funky Border Strips - ME Clear Stamp Set and used this to create the bottom element of my page. I used eyelets to attach the vellum as I didn't want any adhesive to show through.
The picture was matted onto some green cardstock (I wanted to add an accent colour to the blue and orange theme) and the framed sentiment was stamped from the Love Beyond Measure - SW Clear Stamp Set with brown ink and then shadow stamped and embossed using the Olive   EP.
I used wooden words that I picked up in a set for a ridiculously low price, covered them with embossing ink and coated them with Paprika, Olive and Blueberry powders.
The page felt a little top heavy so I added a shell and some twine to balance it out.
I have to say, I don't create layouts very often (a time thing), but I really loved doing this - not using ready made papers but designing my own; very satisfying.

I hope this has inspired you a little - please keep popping back to see what my 'Teamies' have been up to and why not join in our challenge? We would love to see what you come up with.
Thanks for stopping by,

Rachel x

Products used:

                      


Comments

  1. Your page looks amazing - good weather too by the looks of it :)
    What a great reminder of your hols.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect !!!! This is what holidays were made for :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fab layout! The layers are looking wonderfull and are fitting perfectly for the beach team. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment