Father's Day Card with stencil embossing

Hiya all, it's Sarah here and I've created a Father's Day card using the Wow Earthtone powders that I wanted to share with you all.


Here are brief instructions on how to make (I used a blank pre-folded Square Card with a linen effect but and blank white card would work well with these colours):

STEP ONE
Using clear ink, stamp the squares pattern from the Funky Border Stamp Set and sprinkle over Wow Blueberry Embossing Powder and set using a heat gun.


STEP TWO
Stick 5mm double sided tape either side of the stamped squares and trim to size. Sprinkle with Wow Mint Embossing Powder and heat set with a heat gun.

STEP THREE
Using clear ink, stamp the 'Happy Father's Day' message from the Everyday Sentiments Stamp Set and sprinkle over Wow Blueberry Embossing Powder and set using a heat gun.

STEP FOUR
I printed out 'DAD' in a bold font and cut around the letters, using a scalpel to cut out the middle parts of each letter. Then I stuck these letters to a square piece of card 6cm x 6cm using a temporary adhesive. This then became a stencil effect so I could use my ink pad to ink over the whole area and heat emboss using Wow Pepper Embossing Powder then carefully (using a scalpel), remove the stencil letters to reveal the card underneath. I used a pearl effect card so that the matt embossing powder really makes the letters stand out.

STEP FIVE
To add a little more sparkle, I added some fabulous spearmint green colour mix star sequins using glue dots. (They are from Josy Rose Sequin Collection).



If you have the patience for cutting out, here's an option with an alternate sentiment:



TEMPLATES
If you right click on the below images you should be able to save them to your computer so that you can print them out to cut around the letters. If you print them onto thin card, the stencils are usually sturdy enough to use a few times.





Here's a list of the Wow products that I used:
Funky Border Stamp Set
Everyday Sentiments Stamp Set
Wow Blueberry Embossing Powder
Wow Mint Embossing Powder
Wow Pepper Embossing Powder

Pop over to the Wow Embossing Powder website for other fabulous colours from the Earthtone range... Honey is a lovely rich yellow which reminds me of all this fabulous weather that we have at the moment. I might have to use that colour in a project that I create today... Happy Embossing!

Comments

  1. Well worth waiting for ;)
    Cracking card, with great use of colour, shape and techniques. Love it :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment