Enshrined and Embossed: Traditional Door Shrine

Hello WOW! fans.  Jan here today to share a fun shrine project and a tutorial.  I've used Suzy West, Gummy Bear Green, Regular Embossing Powder by WOW!  The embossing powder adds a splash of color as well as texture.
Start by painting the shrine pieces with Copper Acrylic paint.  I've used a battery operated tea light and painted the back and sides as well.
I purchased the tea light in a votive at the Dollar Store.  I used wire cutters to break the votive.





Drill a hole in the back of the shrine so the tea light bulb will fit.
Using Gummy Bear Green, heat emboss random areas of the shrine.
Choose an image to go inside the shrine.  (This image and the shrine kit is from Retro Art Cafe.)
Using your finger and black rub and buff, blend black over the entire shrine.
Glue the image inside the shrine.  Using scissors, poke a hole in the center of the image the same size as the drilled hole.

Assemble the kit and glue a hop knob on the top.
Glue the head in the center of the main image.  Add small gears around the head.  I used some chain and added a small key to the center of the teal light.







Comments

  1. LOVE. I have a similar idea that I want to do. Glad I stopped by!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, you do the coolest things! This is awesome! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Jan. Such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool! I really like the little gears and bits. It has a definite Steampunk feel to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment