A Favorite Technique

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!! I hope that everyone will take a moment to remember the brave men and women who have served and still are to protect us. It's because of them that we are able to spend today with our family and friends safe and secure!

Now.....on to business! One of my favorite ways to use the WOW powders is with embossing pens!!! It's so versatile and there is a color for everything!!! I thought I would do a card for today, so I found this vintage image. I just used embossing pens and colored in the drum. I also took a white button and embossed it red!! Just a couple of simple techniques, but I find myself doing it a lot lately!!!


Here is a close-up. I used the Cable Car Red from the By The Bay collection for the button. And then I used the regular Gold pale and Opaque bright white regular on the drum.


The jute trim and baker's twine is from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I also used my trusty Zig markers for the faux stitching!!! The paper is all Moxxie's Hometown Celebration collection.

Last, I would like to sincerely apologize for the quality of these photos. My stupid card reader decided to die and these were taken with my phone! So please excuse them, and I am so sorry!!!!! Now, I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Holiday week-end!!!!

Comments

  1. wow this is a wonderful card! great idea I always forget about my embossing pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have embossed the button, a must try! and your card is stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are lovely cards, and the embossing is just too good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute this card is!! I never heard of an embossing pen until last week when I was watching one of the videos that you and PCL put together about embossing. Now I have to get one, what a great idea!!!

    Thanks for teaching this old dog some new tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the card! I just ordered the cable car red and I can't wait to get it in the mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Patti! and perfect for the day.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! looks really neat :)
    //Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Patti, I like the patriotic colors on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Patti, I like the patriotic colors on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I love that idea of embossing the button HOW COOL and simple and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment