Skip to main content

Stenceling thru die templates


Hey everyone! Tina here to share a project with you!
Today’s project is a card using 2 different embossing powders and one stamp set from WOW!
In creating this card, I wanted to show you how you can stencil thru die templates! Spellbinders ™ create die templates designed especially for this technique! You can use any stencil, it will just give you a different look. Check it out and see how much fun it is!
 The flower is a die template. I cut and embossed it using my Grand Calibur ® machine. Then, before removing the paper from the template, I rubbed thru the holes with VersaMark ink. Then, removing the paper, I sprinkled generously with the Earthtone Blueberry powder and heat set! Then, I curled the petals up. The bottom layer of the flower, I dipped the edges all in the ink and then into the Metalic Gold powder and set. Set the center with Want2Scrap pearls and this flower is ready to use!
I used the same technique on the leaves… only after stenciling them and heating the powder, I rubbed them with Ranger Distress ink to give them the color that I wanted.
 I used stamps from my newest WOW stamp set, IS IT A BIRD? This set is just too cute! I used the sentiment on my tag, as well as stamped and embossed the bird and hand cut it out to add to my card.

In creating my design for this card, I used the same paper for my card base as I did for my inside mat… I wanted it to have very little contrast. But I did want some. So, I dipped the edges of the die-cut into the ink and used the Metalic Gold powder again. I love the way it sets apart this die from the background! I did this with all of the die-cuts on this card. It gives it such a finished and elegant feel, don’t you think?

Add some lace and a crochet doily and this card is ready to send!

I hope you have been inspired to try something a bit different! Dig out your stencils… better yet, try stenciling thru your dies! A new world of embossing awaits!

SUPPLIES:
WOW powders and stamps, as stated above
GCD Patterned Paper “Botanicals” collection
Kaiser Craft Doily
Want2Scrap baby bling “LeCreme”
Spellbinders die templates (S5-090 Romantic Rectangles, S5-105 Floral Tags)
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting machine
Xyron Adhesives
Ranger distress ink
ClearSnap ink, Versamark ink
Prima Lace

Until Next Time…
Happy Creating!

Comments

  1. Your cards always make me happy Tina. Thanks for sharing today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower and leaves and the detail on them. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…