Aged Greenhouse - Elegant Mixed Media Effects

 


Hello WOW! Embossing Powder Friends, and welcome back to another Embossing Elegance post. Today I am excited to share a fun mixed media card that's still got an elegant embossed touch.


After die cutting and adding a little blended ink, I dabbed my WOW! Embossing ink pad around the greenhouse before adding Seth Apter Dirti Verdi embossing powder. Then I used a dry watercolor brush to gently remove excess powder here and there before heat embossing. 


I repeated the previous process but this time used Crusty Copper embossing powder before dry brushing the excess and heating.


I used blending brushes and my finger to ink the wooden greenhouse door. Once again, I dabbed embossing ink around the door, added Mud Pie embossing powder, dry brushed to remove excess, and heat embossed. Can you see all of the "aged" texture on the door? I love this effect!



After die cutting and inking the foliage, I set that aside to ink blend the layered woven stencil set. I did emboss the final step of the stencils over the blended ink, but then realized that unfortunately this WOW! embossing powder is no longer available. 


I adhered the flowers on the greenery, taped the background panel to a card base, glued everything together on the card, and finally stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with Dirti Verdi and Crusty Cropper embossing powders.

What do you think? I love this mixed media effect and think it works so well with many products and types of crafting. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Love and crafty hugs!

Erin

Please follow me on my social media:

Comments