Embossing With Stencils



Hello Friends, and welcome back to another Embossing Elegance card. Today I'm featuring a simple way to add lovely shine and glitter through layered stencils. 


You can view the short process reel HERE from Instagram.


These layered stencils made the entire process so easy! I like to layer and blend all ink before I add embossing powder. I used Catherine Pooler ink colors in Minty, Aqualicious, Uptown, and Dress Blues, and began with stencil number one to ink the lightest color first. Then I proceeded with the stencils in order and used the next darker shades of ink. So that I ended with Dress Blues. TIP: I often use monochromatic colors (I adore shades of teal!), but add in one analogous (next to each other on the color wheel) color for a little hint of dimension or drama.


After ink blending, I cleaned my stencils and fingers very well before moving on to embossing. Also, I dried the inked cardstock with my heat tool well. Then I layered each stencil again, but this time with similar color twinkly embossing powders. I used the embossing ink pad to smoosh the ink through the stencil, and then embossed each layer with Minty, Minty Twinkle, and Dress Blues respectively. 

Finally, I added extra touches of sparkle using the WOW embossing pen, and heat embossed Minty on the flowers.

What do you think? Aren't all of those embossing powder colors lovely? Thanks so much for joining me today for another Embossing Elegance post. Love and crafty hugs!

Erin

Comments