WOW! Embossing | Walking Down the Silk Road


Happy Thursday Darlings!

Have you ever heard the name of a product and suddenly have been hit with inspiration, despite not having seen the product? Well this is exactly what happened with the WOW! Embossing 'Silk Road' Trio. As soon as I heard WOW! were releasing a new Trio titled 'Silk Road' I knew exactly the type of card I had to create. Please read on to find out more :)


1. On a square white cardstock, I ink blended the following Memento Ink colours (from top to bottom): Grape Jelly, Morocco and Tangelo
2. Taking WOW! Mixed Media Embossing Brush (by Seth Apter), I randomly added some brush strokes from the edge to the centre. 
3. Matching the Silk Road Trio Embossing powder colours to the background colour, I heat embossed the following (from top to bottom): Silk Brocade, Pomegranate and Chinese Lantern.


4. Taking Nuvo Sparkle Spray in 'Gold', I splatter some of the liquid onto the background to add some additional shine.
5. Taking a Cherry Blossom die set, I die cut some branches, Cherry Blossoms and butterflies from both textured Ivory card stock and foam, to add Dimension, and adhered them onto the card using crafting glue. 


6. I took the same textured Ivrory cardstockand die cut a slightly larger square for my top layer to sit on. 
7. To finish off the card, I adhered the Ivory square to an Orange card based, used foam tape to adhere my top layer to the Ivory square, added some sequins trying to match the colours to the background, and added a 'Thankful' sentiment taken from Tim Holtz Idea-ology 'Seasonal' sticker set.

I hope you enjoy this card and more importantly the newly released 'Silk Road' trio set. This may be one of my favourite Trios yet!

Love, Jo




Comments

Post a Comment