WOW Embossing | Sparkle, Shine, and Smile


Hello Darlings and Happy Thursday!

Today I am here with simple yet effective card to make using some Nuvo Shimmer Powders and WOW Embossing powders. To find out how to recreate this look, read on.

1. Taking watercolour cardstock and various Nuvo Shimmer powders, place powders randomly over the cardstock and then spritz over with water to activate the powders and create some magical shimmer. What I love about this technique is that the result is always a surprise :) I always take a larger piece of cardstock for these type of backgrounds so that I can die cut the area I like most from the outcome.

Nuvo Shimmer Powder Colours used: Lunar Rocket, Catherine Wheel, Cherry Bomb, Atlantis Burst, and Sunray Crosette


2.  Taking white cardstock (can be scrap cardstock), various WOW Embossing powders, and Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink, heat emboss and die cut heart shapes. I tried to pick embossing colours that would suit the background.

WOW Embossing Powders Used: Midnight Dreams, Californian Gold, Iced Teal, Strawberry Daiquiri, and Golden Blue 

3. Taking black cardstock and a sentiment from Altenew's 'Beautiful Quotes', heat emboss with WOW Embossing's 'Blue'.

4. I chose to layer the hearts vertically across the card and place the sentiment underneath for a nice, clean layout. 

I hope you enjoy this simple technique! If you do give it a go, make sure to tag WOW so that we can see your beautiful creation.

Love, Jo


Comments