Boo to You! Halloween card

Hey crafty friends, it's Jayne here for Wow! Embossing. You might know me as @card_days_night on Instagram, and I am very lucky that Wow! have asked me to join their creative team!




Today I'm sharing another Halloween card (I can't get enough) featuring a big, bold die cut sentiment, which has been heat embossed with Wow! Obsidian embossing powder. Isn't it amazing? I looove the marble effect it gives. 

To make my card, I cut a panel slightly smaller than slimline size from white card, and lightly ink blended some Dove ink from Concord & 9th through the All Squared Up stencil by Wow! I adhered the panel with tape runner to a black slimline card base.






Next up, I stamped the witch from My Favorite Thing's "What's Up, Witches?" stamp set on to some alcohol ink friendly cardstock and coloured her with Copics. The colours I used are set out below:

Witches hat and robe: 100, W8, W6, W5
Hair: YR24, Y19, Y13
Skin: E31, E51, E00, R20
Shoes: V09, V17, V15
Broom: E27, E25, E23, YR24, Y19, Y13
Cat: W5, W3, W1, R20
Frog: YG03, YG21

I finished the colouring with some white gel pen accents.

I adhered the witch with foam tape, then die cut my sentiment - three times from white card. On one of the die cuts, I pressed it into my Wow! Ultra slow drying embossing ink pad, applied the Obsidian powder and heat set. I then glued this on top of the two other white die cuts to give the sentiment some nice dimension, and added it to my card front with liquid glue.




I hope you enjoyed this tutorial - if you're interested in more detail on the colouring, I have a video coming to my Instagram / YouTube channel shortly!

See you soon!


Comments