Masculine Mixed Media Card

Hello Crafty friends it is Natasha here today sharing a fun masculine mixed media inspired card!  I had so much fun creating today's card!  I created this card for my husband for Father's Day and he loved it!  I hope you enjoy it too!  So let's get started!  



First I started by working on my background.  I started with a gelli print from my stash.  I dry embossed the background using the Tim Holtz Typewriter embossing folder.  I ran it through my die cutting machine and then starting to ink blend on top for added interest and texture.  I used 2 colors of Distress Oxide Ink: Ground Espresso and Black Soot.  I applied the ink around the card panel edges and to some of the raised letters.  Once my ink blending was complete I used my distress tool to rough up the edges!  I LOVE this tool and it is quickly becoming a favorite of mine!  Once the edges were distressed I applied a bit more ink using archival ink and a foam blending tool.  


Once my panel was inked up and distressed, it was time to add embossing powder!  I applied WOW embossing ink in various sections of the panel, including some of the raised letters and some edges of the panel.  I used 2 colors of embossing powder:  Etched Platinum and Weathered Gold.  I continued adding powder until I had the look I was going for.  In various sections I overlapped the colors, I love this look!  I then applied a bit more oxide ink and archival ink over the embossed sections.  I love the rustic vibe this provides!  


Next I worked on my ephemera pieces.  I applied ink to the edges of each piece helping to create that vintage vibe!  I also added droplets of water to create more texture.  Then on 1 of the pieces of ephemera I also added embossing powder.  Once everything was complete I started to adhere my card together.  I used a combination of liquid glue and foam tape.  I completed my card with a sentiment "Limited Edition" and adhered this to the card front!  I had a lot of fun creating this card for my hubby!  Be sure to check out the WOW shop - there are so many gorgeous powders and they help create that vintage/rustic vibe!  





Thank you for stopping by today - I will be back soon with more mixed media fun!  

Natasha 
Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. A wonderful vintage piece Natash, and love the shine from the metallic embossing powders and the ephemera pieces and the masculine figure finish it beautifully..love the vintage colours too, and those little pops of blue reallu lift it. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment