Heat Embossing on Washi Tape

Hi friends, Colleen here! Today I want to show you how to jazz up your fall cards with fun backgrounds using washi tape and embossing powder! 


There is so much washi tape on the market today that you can use for a quick background with your cards. Some washi can fit easily on an A2 sized panel! But what if we jazz it up by heat embossing over the washi?  Now we're talking a WOW background! 

For my background, I used a 3" washi tape by Altenew called Gilded Ombre. It's a lovely purple color with a touch of gold, perfect for fall! I adhered the washi onto kraft cardstock and then dry embossed it with a pretty leaf embossing folder. I don't recall where I got this folder, but there are plenty of leaf embossing folders on the market! Next, I ran my Ultra Slow embossing pad very lightly over the embossed leaves and then heat embossed them with Earl Grey powder from the Pick Me Up trio. That's a lovely translucent light grey powder, perfect to add shine without covering up the washi tape! Can you see the gorgeous shine below?


I have a You Tube video below that shows you tips and tricks to easy heat embossing over washi tape! 


I hope that video was helpful to you! Getting back to my card, once my background was finished, I die cut a large leaf using a colorful background I had on hand, and then I heat embossed the veins of the leaf using Mojito from the Fiesta trio. Then I adhered my leaf and sentiment over the background. 




I love to create several backgrounds at once so that I can grab one when I need it. I hope that you grab your washi tape and create some of your own gorgeous backgrounds! If you're looking for a place that sells larger, colorful washi tape, try Altenew! They have a huge line of washi tape! Thanks for joining me today!





Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif 
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk?aff=11






  

Comments