VIDEO | Masculine Get Well Mixed Media Card

Need fresh inspiration for masculine card designs? Join me for this masculine mixed media get well card using the gel press.


All the details to create this masculine mixed media get well card are in the video tutorial above. Watch here or in HD on YouTube. While you're there we'd love it if you like, subscribe, and share with friends.


Masculine Color Palette

Typically I lean on blue, green, gray, and tan for masculine color palettes. So today, I decided to switch it up a bit. Here I used Amsterdam acrylic paint in Sap Green, Caput Mortem, Burnt Sienna, and Buff Titanium.

Gel Press Textures

Now that we have our colors, we need lots of texture for our background panel. Here I used Picket Fence Studios Waffle Squares Stencil. I couldn't find this in the online stores, so I've linked an alternative in the shopping list below.

Lift some of the first layer of paint with the stencil and a scrap piece of paper or deli paper. Then apply a second layer of paint in a lighter color. In this case, I used Buff Titanium. Next, I lifted some of the Buff Titanium with Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Background.


I don't think the sunflower makes the card too feminine, but let me know what you think in the comments.

Metallic Platinum Embossing

All that's left is to add a sentiment. I used Altenew Mega Hope Die and Mega Greetings 4 Stamp Set. I stamped the sub-sentiment on scraps of the background and embossed the bottom edge with Metallic Platinum embossing powder.

Hope is heat embossed with Metallic Platinum embossing powder and overlayed with a white die-cut to create the effect of a drop shadow. That's all there is to it!

Thanks for joining me today and I'll see you soon with more inspiration!

WOW! Products




Additional Products



Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. The colours are great Amber and I love the gelli print using the stencil and some stamping too, and finished beautifully with the platinum embossing and the then the white sentiment applied over the top, and also some stamped sentiment strips too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment