VIDEO: Zentangle Nautilus & Unexpected Design Changes

Hello, WOW! Fans, Amber here with a Zentangle Nautilus card and some unexpected design changes. This is all about going with the flow and adapting as needed.




All the details to create this Zentangle Nautilus card are in this short cardmaking video tutorial. Watch here or in HD on YouTube. While you're there we'd love it if you like, subscribe, and share it with your crafty friends!



Earth Sparkles & Translucent Texture Paste

So, I started this crafty session by creating a background with Mahi Mahi and Sargassum Earth Sparkles and Translucent Texture Paste. Check it out in the video, it's gorgeous. Then I decided to tangle some underwater elements.





All was well and good until I decided to color it with my Polychromos pencils. I have the 36 pencil set which doesn't include many light colors aside from white. As a result,  the colors were too bright for the Sparkles background. So, I had to adapt and change background designs.

I opted for a Hero Arts Ocean Waves background stamped in simple black and heat embossed a few areas with Primary Bluetiful, Gitty's Power, and Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powders.




I shaded each of the wave segments with a pencil and tortillon to add dimension and interest. Shading makes all the difference. Oh yeah, I fussy cut and popped up the Zentangle nautilus. I had no idea I could fussy cut like that!

I hope you enjoyed today's project. I'll see you again in two weeks with Gel Press Printing & Embossing for Beginners. Thanks for joining me today!

WOW! Products




Additional Supplies




Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. I just adore the way you zentangle Amber and the finished result was gorgeous. The added pink, green and white embossing and the graphite shading looks so striking. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment