Embossing Glitter on Colored Cardstock with Karen Reategui

 

Hello friends! For today I have this card using the new Minty Embossing Glitter and In The Navy Embossing Powder. On this card I have heat embossed over colored cardstock and the result is gorgeous. The stamps and dies that I used are from Picket Fence Studios and I have Wild Peonies Stamp Set, Aurora Borealis Stamp and Big Hugs Word Die. 

There's also a video on how I made this card over WOW! Embossing Powder YouTube, so head over there if you want to check it out, click here



Let's shine now! To create this background I started by stamping the Aurora Borealis Stamp on top of the navy cardstock, I applied the anti-static powder over my panel and inked up my stamp. Then, I firmly pressed down onto my MISTI door to get a full coverage of this image.  




Next, I added on top of the panel the Minty Embossing Glitter and heat embossed it using my heat tool from WOW! In the pictures above and below you can take a closer look of how the embossing glitter shines in the background. It's absolutely beautiful all that sparkle even on this dark cardstock. 





I trimmed down a little bit the edges of this panel and adhered a white folded note card at the back using glue. 
Then, I stamped the floral images using Dark Wash Jeans Hybrid ink from LDRS Creative. I didn't use black ink because the heat embossing over black would be too dark in this case and I really want the Navy blue color from the embossing powder to show off.  




I used Copic markers to color these flowers and once I finished coloring I fussy cut the images. I placed all images on top of my panel using foam dots and then I trimmed down all the parts that were hanging out of the edges. I also colored the white spaces on the floral image using B99 Copic marker. 





Jumping to the sentiment, I die cut four times the BIG Hugs die out of white cardstock and glued only three, creating a stack of dies. This stacked die cut will work as a shadow later. So I heat embossed the fourth die cut using WOW! Minty Embossing Glitter and added behind .the stacked die cut as a shadow. 




Here's a closed up of how the sentiment die shines beautifully. As a final touch I added a few Nuvo drops over the center of the flowers and this card was ready. In the pictures is hard to notice the navy color on the flowers but in person you can see it and it matches well the pinks and greens of the floral image. 

I hope you like this card and you will find more details in the video I have made for all of you. Below you will also find all the supplies I used on this card. Have a fantastic day and thank you so much for stopping by!

Your friend, Karen


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. This is very pretty Karen and love the dark background with the pretty glittery embossing and then the beautiful navy embossed flowers over the top and looking grat in pink, and finished with a lovely large sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment