Paper Doll Dance with Nicci Battilana

Are you ready to dance the Futterwacken with Alice!
  I had been yearning to create a new paper doll, as it has been a few years since I have released one. 

  While using my last printable as a visual reference, I sketched out Alice on Canson's smooth Bristol paper (100lb). Once I was happy with her size and visual details, I inked her with my Pentel Pocket Brush Pen.

  You can watch ALICE come to life in our YouTube video.

STEP 1 ~ I used my watercolour paints to assist in bringing our dear Alice to life.


STEP 2 ~ With the use of my WOW! Embossing pen and the fab new WOW! Embossing Powders (which are being released on January 25, 2021) we make Alice sparkle and shine!
I began with 'Minty', as it was a perfect accent for her dress & hair bow.

STEP 3 ~ When it was time to move on to the next colour, I selected 'Earl Grey' along with Marion Emberson's 'Tropical' stamp & the WOW! Embossing Pad.  I used scrap pieces of printer paper to block off the areas of Alice that I did not want the stamp to leave an impression on. Then I stamped the white/cream areas of Alice's gown.

STEP 4 ~ I also used the embossing pen along with Earl Grey on any of the light areas of Alice's leggings.

STEP 5 ~ I used the embossing pen to draw little hearts on Alice's cheeks & added a dash of 'Punch' on her cheeks and the highlight of her lips. 

STEP 6 ~ Next, I used 'Mojito' on any of the darker blue areas. I drew large spirals on the inside of her hair bow, some swirls on her dress, sparkles in her eyes & the other stripes on her leggings.

STEP 7 ~ It is time to make her hair glisten & shine with 'Mai Tai'! I think Alice may want to go dancing after this.

STEP 8 ~ Now we just need a little lipstick for Alice and a pink nose for her bunny tattoo with 'Strawberry Daiquiri'.

STEP 9 ~ Let the 'fussy cutting' begin! Remember, safety first! Carefully cut out all the pieces of your paper doll.

STEP 10 ~ Once all of your pieces are cut out, you can use an awl to poke the specified holes for connecting your pieces. To create my holes, I used a tool from We R Memory Keepers called a 'Crop-A-Dile II'. You will note that I do not have any markings on Alice's dress for her hips. This is due to the fact that we do not want her legs swinging out to the side of her dress...lol. That would just not look right. I will tell you soon, how I attached mine. 

STEP 11 ~ Attaching your limbs. I suggest you use small paper fasteners in colours that match or complement your paper doll. I was unable to locate mine, therefore I used 1/8 inch eyelets instead. Her limbs are quite a bit stiffer when I try to move her joints, compared to if I had had paper fasteners available.

STEP 12 ~ For attaching Alice's legs to her hip joints, I used 3/8 inch adhesive dots by Aleene.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. I look forward to haring another one with you soon.

Don't forget that you can also watch the creation as it happened on YouTube!




 SAVE 10% with this DISCOUNT CODE on your WOW! product order: 'WOWDTNB' 

PRODUCTS used in this video: 
WOW! Embossing Powder: Earl Grey #WS296R(T) ~ NEW RELEASE on January 25, 2021, 
WOW! Embossing Powder: Minty #WS297R(T) ~ NEW RELEASE on January 25, 2021, 
WOW! Embossing Powder: Punch #WS298R(T) ~ NEW RELEASE on January 25, 2021, 
WOW! Embossing Powder: Mojito #WS293R(OM) ~ NEW RELEASE on January 25, 2021, 
WOW! Embossing Powder: MaiTai #WS292R(OM) ~ NEW RELEASE on January 25, 2021, 
WOW! Embossing Powder: Strawberry Daiquiri #WS291R(T) ~ NEW RELEASE on January 25, 2021, 
WOW! Stamp 'Tropical #STAMPSET28, 
Canson Bristol Paper 9x12 inch smooth, 

SAVE 10% with this DISCOUNT CODE on your WOW! product order: 'WOWDTNB' 

Nicci Battilana's Social Media Links: 

Comments

  1. If players need cheap WOW Classic Gold, then players can buy it on MMOWTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The greater depend of Free subscribers you have got, the extra you may continually reap high views in your videos which not directly ends in money technology. SignUp at ytbpals.Com without spending a dime YouTube subscribers and study armslist tri cities fireamrms categorized armlist now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment