Christmas is Coming with Gemma

Today I have a card to share, inspired by the September challenge theme of Christmas. I’ve used some pretty embossing glitters for the snowy hills - Hologram Sparkle and Sparkling Snow.


I shall begin by saying that I really struggled to capture the beautiful colours of these powders on camera. The purples, greens and yellows that appear when the light hits the powders in real life are stunning and give the effect I wanted of the northern lights sky reflecting on the snow. 


On my slimline card base, I added a blend of distress oxide inks to create my northern lights sky. To add stars, I used white acrylic paint and an old toothbrush to flick fine specks all over. 


Next, I die cut the Hello Bluebird Ocean Waves Horizontal die from white card twice. I layered the two frames together, then adhered on my card base.

I took 5 of the waves pieces that the die cuts, which work really well as rolling hills. On 3 alternate pieces, I added embossing ink, followed by the Hologram Sparkle embossing glitter and heating with my dual speed heat tool.


I repeated the steps on the other two pieces, but used Sparkling Snow embossing glitter instead. I then adhered these pieces onto my card.

I copic coloured images from the Hello Bluebird Christmas is Coming stamp set. Before adding them to my card with foam squares, I embossed a sentiment from the set on the sky, using Opaque Bright White embossing powder.


I hope you’ll join in the challenge over on the WOW Facebook fan page. It a great way of building up a stash of Christmas cards in advance.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma



Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. I love the sweet images with the pretty shimmery powders and with the great winter scene, and works so well in the slimline landscape shape Gemma . x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment