Video: Have an ice day | ATC & Cardmaking with Dunja

Hey everyone, it's Dunja here. You remember me as the Creative Guest in July, right? I'm super excited because i've joined the WOW! Embossing Family as Creative Team Member. You'll see more inspirations by me :)

It's summertime, that means a lot of ice, doesn't it? And today it's all about Ice on my Artist Trading Cards and the Card i share with you in my Video. 



We start with the Artist Trading cards. The size is always 2,5 x 3,5". 

I stamp the motif with memento ink, color the wood pick with Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. Now we need the ice, fill the area with the Embossing Pen. It works like glue. Then sprinkle the powder over it, tap the rest off carefully, put the rest back into the jar and heat the powder with your Heattool. 

Now we take the blank cards. I used mixed media paper and lightly primed with gesso. Now we take the stencil, spread the clear texture paste over it and look at this effect. Isn't it great? Then we sprinkle the embossing powder into the still wet paste and use the Heattool to emboss. 

Then I use the water colors, I want to use them to match the motif colors. Now we place the ice on the Artist Trading cards. For this I used double sided mounting tape. But you can also stick it directly, with a liquid glue for example. Finally add a sentiment.

TIPP Whenever I emboss, I use the powder pad so that the surface is free of residue, without fingerprints, etc. and the embossing powder only sticks where I want it to. 

Let's do the card now. I have a piece of card stock, Distress Oxide Ink yellow and with a Blending Tool simply wiped. I use the same technique with the stencils as at the ATCs before. 

When you see the Video, you may have noticed, the stencil was not very well with the paste on the left corner, it smeared a bit. It doesn't always have to be perfect. There's plenty of ice, and I've placed it in a circle this time. I just stuck the ice on the blob, then you can't see it anymore. So you don't always have to throw everything in the bin right away. ;-)

I decided to cut out another sentiment. "Sweet" goes perfectly with the card. I embossed it in gold too and use the WOW! Embossing Pen. TIPP It is so handy and you don't always have to use the Inkpad. Very practical for small areas or filigree.






Thanks much for stopping by and watching the Video :) Find all the products in the link list below.

Enjoy your day - maybe with an Ice.

See you soon
Dunja xx



Comments

  1. I love the card and ATCs using some really pretty colours of glittery embossing for the ice lollies, a really pretty summery theme Dunja, and also some wonderful texture with the lovely stencilling in the backgrounds. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment