Simple Heat-Embossing for Big Impact with Ivana

Hello Friends!
Ivana here today, kicking off a fantastic guesting month with Wow!
I'll be joining you on Wednesdays, and sharing some fun ways I love to use embossing powders and glitters. 
Before we get into my card today, I wanted to quickly say thank you to Wow! and share how I came across Wow! powders at Creativation. It was the first time I saw the full lineup IRL... It was a stunning display and I was jaw-on-the-floor impressed by the quality and colors! I also had no idea that each jar is painstakingly treated to be static-free (which means the powders have minimal fly-aways and emboss cleanly). Needless to say, I've become a massive fan, and I am so excited to be here, sharing my projects with you!

To kick things off, I've focused on a super easy technique I've been loving lately.
Embossing + Marker Flick Coloring. It's a perfect way to ease into using outline stamps and embossing powder. Some techniques can get very advanced, but this one is super simple, even at a beginner level.
To start, I used my embossing buddy to pre-treat the stamping area. I did try embossing without, and it worked just as well! The anti-static treatment helps a tad in this department ;)
I then stamped my gorgeous floral using the Wow! Embossing Pad, and sprinkled on some Platinum embossing powder.  I heat-set everything with my heat tool, and voila! Perfectly embossed floral. To finish off my image, I added some marker flicks, starting at the center of the flower, and pulling my marker strokes outwards. I added a couple of shades to the petals and the leaves for a bit of variation.
To finish off my card, I added a heaping of marker-drawn polka dots, for a whimsy look. If you wanted something a little more uniform, a polka dot stamp would work wonderfully too. I stamped a sparkly sentiment, in Platinum Sparkle, which has the same hue as the metallic powder, but SO much gorgeous sparkle! I was blown away by how beautifully it embossed, too. Definitely the cleanest of any sparkly powder I've come across.

This quick card is such a fun and simple way to dip into embossing powders...It's also perfectly suitable for tiny crafting hands. Join me next Wednesday, as I share more advanced ways to use these gorgeous mediums!

Thank you for popping in! xo

Comments

  1. Very pretty colouring Ivana and I love the platinum embossing. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment