Transparent Embossing Powders

Hello everyone...
I'm back today sharing a make using transparent embossing powders.  I love that the transparency of the powders... whatever is underneath seeps through and you can create fabulous effects and diverse backgrounds.
I've been watching Tim Holtz use his Glazes for a while and couldn't help comparing them with the WOW! powders.  Not one to shy away from a bit of experimentation I die-cut lots of little tags to ink up.
I've used Distress Oxide ink pads for the colour as that is what I generally use for backgrounds and just stamped over/under each one to test the colour and transparency.  Some colours are more successful than others but look at the way it enhances the colour underneath!  It really made the colours 'pop' but were still totally see through.
You can see that on some I've heat embossed over the ink on some tags and then on others I've stamped WOW!'s Go Figure under the ink and then heat embossed over the top using a Prima Butterfly stamp to see if you could still see the stamping underneath - and you can!
You get a fabulous effect by layering up the images and the WOW! Embossing Powders work just brilliantly at adding another texture and layer.
To make the card, I made a pink smooshed background using Distress Oxides and added the Totally Dotty stencil with using Picked Raspberry.  Over the dots, I've added the gorgeous Primary Chartreuse using Tim Holtz's Cargo stencil and over that I added another layer using the Oasis powder with Visible Image's Fibonacci stamp.
I decided it needed yet another layer but something subtle, so grabbed my Prima Pictionary stamp and added a few dabs using the Weathered Wood Oxide ink pad.
With the background complete, I turned my attention to the centre.  After making another smooshed pink background, I die-cut a circle and then using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink added a gorgeous swirl.
After stamping the Butterfly stamp using Oasis once more, I edged the circle using the Mixed Media Embossing Brush and added Chartreuse so it would echo the text on the background.  I die-cut a butterfly from bolster wood and primed it with Gesso before painting it lavender.  Using the same Butterfly stamp as before, I stamped the wings using Oasis.
I felt the card needed a sentiment of sorts so used the Wings of Change set by Visible Image to add 'transform' and 'metamorphosis'.

That's all from me for now... hope you find time to experiment and use those translucent powders in your layering!
Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments