Mix Media Cards with Karen Reategui




Hello Friends! Today I'm sharing a little bit of mix media fun with these two cards where I'm using watercolor brush markers, ink sprays, acrylic paint and the wonderful embossing powders by WOW!

For my first card I'm using Vicki Boutin 140 lb. Mix Media Art Paper, which I must say holds lots of water and it works wonderfully!   





On my background I used Turquoise, Warm Sunshine and Emerald Watercolor Brush Markers from Altenew. I speeded up the process of drying I applied heat with my WOW! Dual Speed Heat Tool. I love how vibrant these colors are. Next, I sprayed on top Gold Glimmer Metallic from Hero Arts and let the panel dry completely. 




I die cut the Lovely Frames Die by Pinkfresh Studio and heat embossed it using WOW! Pop Embossing Powder. I adhered this frame to my watercolor panel and cut the excess. Then, I adhered a white card base at the back.




Finally, I die cut the Hello word die from Essential Classic Words Set Dies by Pinkfresh Studio, heat embossed it with WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle Em bossing Powder and placed it on top of my background. 




For my next card, I applied Autumn Blaze and Crimson Watercolor Brush Markers from Altenew onto my panel moving the color around with water. Then I applied Coral Berry Metallic Shimmer Ink Spray on top and once it was dry I added some splashes of white acrylic paint on top. When my panel dried I adhered a white card base at the back.




I die cut the Lovely Frames die from Pinkfresh Studios and heat embossed it with WOW! Fizz Embossing Powder. I adhered this frame to my watercolor panel and cut the excess. Then, I adhered a white card base at the back.




Lastly, I die cut the Thank You word die from Essential Classic Words Set Dies by Pinkfresh Studio, heat embossed it with WOW! Metallic Silver Sparkle Embossing Powder and placed it on top of my background. Additionally, I die cut two flowers from the Smile With Botanicals Dies by Pinkfresh Studio out of white cardstock.  




I really like how these two cards turned out. The pictures doesn't make justice but in real person the contrast of colors and the embossing powder looks very awesome. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy this post. Have a wonderful day!

Karen














Connect With Us:

Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/


Comments

  1. Two very pretty colours with the wonderful frames die cuts over the top and also the added words which finish the cards beautifully Karen. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment