Get Painty With Embossing Powders by Jaine

Spring is my favourite season of the year. I love the fresh colours, the bright greens and the promise of warmer days outside.


I recently started a new planner for my garden to make notes of what I'm planting and changing. Of course this requires a dashboard for the new season and thought I'd include this beautiful piece of chipboard from Samantha K Gifts and Crafts on the front. I decided to cover it with embossing powders but rather than all one colour I thought I could mix it up a bit and create a multi coloured effect.


As the chipboard is dark, I first gave it a light coat of gesso to lighten the base. You need to dry brush it on almost so as not to clog up the little holes in the design. 


When this was dry I could brush Mixed Media Embossing fluid with the brush right where I wanted to add powder.


With the brush it's possible to emboss the smallest of areas.


I carried on adding fluid and powder all over the chipboard, leaving it to the end to heat set everything together.


Using the brush makes the layer of embossing thicker which meant I could add some seed beads into the flower centre while the embossing was molten. I also went around the edges with some gold paint and my finger!


I thought the Parc Floral Trio by Sara Nauman had just the right colours I was looking for to colour my flowers along with the bright green Jealous Guy and zingy orange of Bird of Paradise.


I hope I inspire you to cover some chipboard maybe? This particular chipboard is no longer available at Samantha K Gifts and Crafts but in the list below I've included a similar one.

Stay well and enjoy the Spring.

Jaine xx


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

Post a Comment