Thread Crochet Knit & Sew with Gemma

I have a bright, fun, and very glittery card to share today. I used the WOW Simply Sew stamp set and the lots of pretty embossing glitters.


I began by die cutting a A2 stitched rectangle panel from white card. I stamped the sentiment from the WOW Simply Sew stamp set in the centre of the panel with black ink. I love the ‘head shoulders knees and toes’ play on words with this sentiment.


Next, I stamped images from the WOW Simply Sew stamp set around the panel, using WOW clear embossing ink. I stamped the images one at a time, then covered each image with one of the following embossing glitters, then heat set them:
  • Cup Cake Heaven
  • Sugared Almond
  • Mint Chip
  • Picnic Basket
  • Tangerine Dream
  • Frosting
Top tip is to heat set from the back of the card, so the embossing powder melts and traps the glitter.

Although this process of stamping then embossing each image took some time, it was a fun way to try lots of different powders on one card. I adhered the panel to my card base to finish.


There are both translucent and opaque finishes in the powders I used. The opaque powders will look more solid when embossed, but I think it’s interesting to see the differences in the two powders on one card.


Have a lovely day,

Gemma



Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. What a wonderful array of bright and pretty glittery powder colours Gemma, and a beautiful sewing related theme. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment