Christmas Magic with Frau Pony

Hello Everyone!

Martina aka Frau Pony here with you.

I am beyond excited (and still pinching myself) that I have been asked to be Decembers Guest Designer for WOW!

I absolutely love to work with WOW! Embossing powders and can't wait to share my projects with you!

Since Gold & Silver are this months Challenge theme - let's make a start with a card featuring lots of Gold & Silver (and platinum):

When I first read about the Challenge theme, I knew that I'd like to create a sparkly and shiny wreath of stars. 

To start, I grabbed my WOW! EP swatches and picked all jars that fitted into the color scheme and matched well together. To have everything ready, I have also pre cut a lot of stars with Alexandra Renke Dies.


To cover the first stars with "Celebration" Sparkles, 
I applied some Stick-It to the paper before I have die cut it. 
This gives me a nice and even coverage of glue on the die cut and I think, this is the easiest and quickest way to stick a lot of these beautiful sparkles onto die cuts.


The other four colors I have choosen for this project are powders that have to be heat embossed. 



When I'm heat embossing, I absolutely love working with my WOW! Dual Speed Heat Tool
 It is awesome to be able to adjust the setting of the heat tool to each project!


When I had all my stars prepared, I drew a circle onto my card base as a giudeline where to attatch the stars. 
I have also stamped "Christmas magic" (which is from a Alexandra Renke Clear Stamp Set) with the WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad and heat embossed it with some "British Summer".
I think, a nice and strong grey is just the perfect color to go with all the gorgeous sparkliness that will be going onto this card. 

To apply the stars onto the card, I have been using glue and different foam pads. 
This gives me the option to create different layers, which adds more depth and interest on my project.
 
Usually, I don't combine gold and silver in the same project - but combining the two with Platinum Embossing Sparkle and Powder (which closes the "gap" for me) changed my mind.

I am totally happy with the finished card. 
Its festive, sparkly and shiny - without being "too much"
I hope you liked my process and am looking forward to the next post!

Martina
Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif

Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif
Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. The stars look very shiny and pretty in the metallics Martina, a beautiful look. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment