Inked background resist with Ashlee

Hey everyone...

It's Ashlee here with you today and it's a brand new month which means we have a new monthly WOW! theme....

This month our theme is "EMBOSS RESIST" so I thought a fun background technique would be good to share!!

First I'll show you the card and then if you scroll down you can see the steps I've taken to get the background result....


I used a super fun stamp from Catherine Pooler called Ride the wave for the background...
and I die cut the embossed piece with the Feelin hexy coverplate....

I added some fun stamped and coloured elements from the Vitamin sea stamp set along with some die cut coral!!


Using Opaque bright white powder I heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock...
I love the result white embossing powder gives on the black!!


A touch of sequins finished off the card!!

Here are the steps I took to get the embossed background piece...

1 - Choose a coloured piece of cardstock (In my case I chose a bright green) then stamp the ride the wave background image onto the card with WOW! embossing ink. 

Cover the stamped image with clear gloss regular embossing powder, tip off the excess and heat with your WOW! dual heat gun..


2 - Using some distress oxide ink in the shade picked raspberry I inked over the image and this filled in all the spaces around the embossing powder leaving an awesome emboss resist piece!!


I think this background turned out so bright and fun, are you going to give it a try?! 

I'd love to see what you create and I hope you will come and join us in the WOW Facebook group challenge...

Hugs Ashlee.


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif

Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif

Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

Post a Comment