Designer Spotlight ..... Ashlee


What is your favourite thing about crafting?
I love that it connects me to crafty friends all
over the world. It’s such a wonderful community to be a part of.

If you could chose to do anything to do for the day, what would it be?
One of the things on my want to do list is to travel to the states to go to CHA and meet all those famous crafters and company owners.

Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
I’ve never really been very fashionable so probably nothing from my past fashion styles... I thought flares were pretty cool back in the day!

What song would you say best sums you up?
Omg I really have no idea, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a song and thought that’s me. But...I love music, it was my favourite subject at school. Singing is my hidden talent.. well it’s not hidden because a lot of people know I sing but I never perform or anything anymore just sing in the car or at home lol!!

What is your favourite book to read?
I’m not a book reader, It takes me forever to get through a book and I honestly can’t remember the last book I ever finished reading other than children’s books that I read quite often.

Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Coffee, coffee, coffee.... I need my morning coffee along with quite a few more throughout the day!
________________________________________
Hey everyone....

It's Ashlee here today and our theme this month is Embossing glitter so I have a couple cards to share with you using some full covered embossing glitter pieces!!


For these cards I used the amazing Aventurine embossing glitter powder along with a range of products from Hero arts May monthly kit (and add ons) which I just had to have because it was full of awesome crafty images perfect for cards for all my crafty card making friends!!

For the first card I die cut the Crafting border fancy die with frame and then covered it using my WOW! clear ultra slow drying ink pad. I gave the Aventurine powder a good shake to make sure all the glitters were evenly mixed, tipped the powder over the whole die cut panel and heat set using my dual heat gun...


The sparkle and colour of this powder is just AMAZING!!

Onto my next card.....
I cut a rectangle piece of cardstock and then did the same process as covering the die cut piece on the previous card. Covered in ink, covered in powder and then heat set. 
This gave me a glitter embossed piece of cardstock that I could use to layer underneath my stamped piece of card. 



Using the embossing glitters is a great way of creating your own glitter cardstock to match your projects and it's super fun too!!

So what are you waiting for??!!... 
Go and grab your WOW! embossing glitters, get crafty and come and share your creation with us over in the monthly challenge on the WOW! embossing powder fan group on Facebook...

Happy crafting,  Ashlee.

Comments

  1. Two wonderful sparkly cards and the die cutting using the glitter cardstock you made yourself is such a great idea Ashlee, and both cards are beautiful and really pretty summery colours too. I have sung all my life and have a series of five concerts starting shortly with solos, duets and trios etc, which is great fun, but I always feel happier when we have done the first and hopefully it will go down well..lol. If you enjoy your singing you should keep it up if you can. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards for crafters! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment