Embossing + Die Cutting with Karen Reategui

Hello shiny friends! Today I'm up at the WOW! Embossing Powder Blog sharing two cards made with Altenew Be Kind Stamp, Spring Meadow Cover and Fancy Hello Die. Also, for this project I used WOW! Primary Bird of Paradise, Sunburst, Primary Bluetiful and Black Twinkle embossing powders. Additionally, I used a border die from Pinkfresh Studio Studio Classic Egders Border Die for one of the sentiments. These cards are also part of my DT inspiration for the WOW! Embossing Powder Facebook Monthly Challenge.




Let's shine happy crafters! I started by heat embossing two A2 panels using WOW! Embossing Pad and WOW! Black Twinkle and Sunburst embossing powders.



Then, I die cut these two panels using the Altenew Spring Meadow Cover Die and additionally, I die cut three more panels using black, teal and gray cardstock.



For my first card, I used the teal panel, took some die cuts off and adhered the panel to a white card base. Then, I added more die cuts from the other panels.




Finally, I stamped the sentiment Be Kind Stamp from Altenew with WOW! Embossing Pad and heat embossed it using WOW! Primary Bird of Paradise embossing powder. As a final touch, I died cut one edge of the my sentiment using a Pinkfresh Studio Classic Egders Border die.



For my second card, I used the gray panel. took some die cuts off and adhered the panel to a white card base. Then, I added more die cuts from the other panels. I heat embossed a piece of cardstock using WOW! Embossing Pad and WOW! Primary Bluetiful embossing powder.




Next, I die cut the word hello using the Altenew Fancy Hello Die. I die cut a second word using white cardstock as a shadow and glued this two words. Finally, I stamped the sentiment using WOW! Embossing Pad and heat embossed it with WOW! Primary Bird of Paradise embossing powder on white cardstock. Placed this sentiment and the fancy Hello on top of the card.




These were my cards for today and I hope you like them and go out of your comfort zone and incorporate more embossing powders to your cards. Have a shiny and bright day my crafty friends!

Karen





Comments

  1. This cover die is extremely pretty Karen, and I love the three different card colours which you've mixed and matched, and the sparkly orange and black embossed elements go beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment