Embossed chipboard and sparkles with Ashlee

Hey everyone....

It's Ashlee here today with my first post as an official member of the WOW! embossing team.
I can't even begin to explain how SUPER excited I am to be joining this wonderful team of talented ladies.  I love WOW! products so much and can't wait to share many creations with you using them!!

Today I'm sharing one of my favourite ways to use WOW! embossing powder and sparkles together to cover chipboard.

For this card I wanted to make a beautiful focal point with a bright coloured flower so I could add the embossed chipboard piece on top. I did this using the One in a million floral set from Catherine Pooler designs and coloured it with Spectrum tri-blend markers.
(The background is another stamp from CP designs called Cottage garden).


Unfortunately it is super hard to really capture the AMAZING sparkle that the bridal sparkles adds to the chipboard embossed piece but trust me its SO pretty and sparkly!!


Here is a picture of all the products I used to create this card....


Onto the steps of how I embossed the chipboard...

First I selected which chipboard sentiment I wanted to use and then placed it straight into my WOW! embossing ink pad. I made sure that it was all covered so the powder would stick well. 


Then using my WOW! dual heat gun and a little pokey tool I held the chipboard piece in place so I could melt all of the white opaque powder. 


After the white opaque was melted I then re-heated it just before placing the sparkles all over the top. I tipped off the excess and then heated it again which makes the sparkles all melt into the white opaque creating a beautiful sparkly finish!!


A simple and easy technique to create beautiful embossed pieces perfect for your cards and a fun way of using all those beautiful sparkles!!

Happy crafting everyone, Hugs Ashlee. 



Comments

  1. A fabulous floral card Ashlee and the sparkles look great on the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment