A Tissue Paper Background by Jaine

Hello there and happy Wednesday or happy hump day as it's fondly known!

Today I've created a card with a quick and easy background, using one of my favourite collage techniques.  Last time I showed you how to cover eggs with tissue paper, this time again I've used tissue paper, but to create a pastel coloured background.


I keep lots of tissue paper for collage as I love the translucency of it as well as being able to use it as a stamping medium on uneven surfaces.

I took a couple of pieces of pink and mint green and cut them into small pieces, gluing them to a piece of white card with some gel medium. The great thing about tissue is when it's overlapping like this it creates a beautiful effect.


I made sure this layer was totally dry before moving on to stamping and embossing a random pattern of flowers and leaf shapes using this stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh called Autumn Blooms. I used Opaque Pastel Pink and Mint Macaroon powders.


I cut my card to size and mounted it on three different card bases before putting it on the card itself. I embossed the beautiful butterfly from Pink and Main, which I simply can't get enough of, in Primary Bluetiful and stamped the words from the Just Saying set, simply in black ink.


I finished off by adding a few Nuvo Drops here and there for extra interest.

Jaine


Comments

  1. Such a pretty card Jaine and love the soft colours on the tissue paper stamped and embossed background, and the matting and layering and the beautiful butterfly finish it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful!! I had not thought of using tissue paper on cards but now I must try it lol. Thank you for sharing this and for the inspiration!
    (mardy14@bellsouth.net)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sir,
    your posts are too good.i like your post.
    plz join me-
    Jumbo Roll
    Tissue Paper
    Paper Napkins
    Toilet Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. China CPP tissue film manufacturers have truly revolutionized the packaging industry with their innovative solutions. Their commitment to quality and efficiency shines through in every product, offering clients a reliable and cost-effective packaging solution. With state-of-the-art technology and a focus on sustainability, these manufacturers are not just meeting market demands but also setting new standards for environmental responsibility. As global leaders in the production of CPP tissue film, they play a pivotal role in ensuring the safe and hygienic packaging of various consumer goods, contributing significantly to the advancement of the packaging sector.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment