Stencil + Embossing Paste + Embossing Glitters Technique with Karen Reategui

Hello shiny friends! Today I'm up at the WOW! Embossing Powder blog sharing two cards with this awesome technique using stencils, embossing paste and embossing glitters. The embossing paste I used is Ranger Texture Paste Transparent Gloss.




For my first card, I applied Altenew watercolors on a piece of Strathmore panel.



Once it was dried, I placed and secured an stencil on top and applied WOW! Embossing Ink Pad.



Then, I removed the stencil and added WOW! Vintage Romance embossing glitter. I placed this panel on top of a fuchsia card base.



Next, I die cut the Simply Friend Die and heat embossed it using WOW! Hot Gossip embossing glitter. Additionally, I die cut a shadow for the friend word, using foil paper.




I placed the friend die cut on top of the background panel using glue dots. Finally, I heat embossed my sentiment from the Wonderland stamp set from Altenew using WOW! Metallic Gold embossing powder and added a few gold sequins.



For my second card, I die cut a piece of white cardstock using the Pocket Banner Die from Altenew.



I stamped some florals and leaves from the Ditsy Print stamp set from Altenew using WOW! Embossing Ink Pad and heat embossed them with WOW! Vintage Romance embossing glitter.




Next, I placed and secured the Flowing Hearts Stencil on top of the banner. I applied embossing paste and added WOW! Hot Gossip embossing glitter on top. Waited for 10 minutes before heat embossing it.



Then, I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment from the Sweetest Peas stamp set from Altenew using WOW! Metallic Gold embossing powder.




Finally, I adhered the banner to a white card base previously stamped using Altenew Pinstripe stamp and heat embossed with WOW! Metallic Gold embossing powder. For the final touch, I added a few gold sequins drops of glitter glue on the center of the flowers.




These were my cards for today and I really hope you liked them. It's so much fun to play with stencils and embossing glitters, give it a try! You will love it. Have a shiny and bright day crafty friends!


List of supplies

Comments

  1. Two beautiful cards Karen and the glittery stencilling and finish to the die cut sentiment is great in those pretty colours and then the stunning shimmery heart and flowers on that interesting banner shape with the lovely striped stamping below. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment