Metallic Patterned Paper on Vellum with Ankita


Hi friends! 


Hope you are having a great day! Thank you so much for stopping by this blog post. I always love embossing on vellum. It has a very delicate and elegant feel to it. I created a metallic patterned paper with embossed texture on vellum using WOW Metallic Platinum Super Fine embossing powder. It was so much fun and the results were beautiful. In my second project I used the Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine powder and heat embossed on Woodgrain texture cardstock to created a textured pattern on textured paper. 



I started off by die cutting the leaves using Stitched Leaf Wreath from Simon Says Stamp in colored cardstock and ink blending on them using Distress Inks. I splattered some white gouache and black watercolor paint for some added texture. 

Next I took a panel of heavy weight vellum and stamped the fall images on it using WOW Clear Embossing Pad and heat embossed using Metallic Platinum Super Fine Embossing powder. It has a beautiful sparkle and a very smooth finish to it, the powder. It melted so easily, the vellum didn't warp even a bit! 

I took a piece of woodgrain cardstock and trimmed it to 4 inches by 5.25 inches and trimmed the vellum piece to be slightly smaller. I adhered the vellum on top of woodgrain panel and stuck the leaves on it using some liquid glue. For the sentiment, I heat embossed the sentiment on black using WOW Clear Embossing Pad and heat embossed using WOW Bright Opaque White Embossing Powder. 

I die cut the word Thanks using the Thanks die from Simon Says Stamp using white woodgrain cardstock four times and shadow in rust color and stacked it all together. I placed all the pieces on an A2 sized top folding card base.


For the second card, I stamped the Diamond Pattern Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp onto a piece of woodgrain textured cardstock panel and heat embossed using WOW Gold Rich Super Fine Embossing Powder and followed the same process of wreath building and sentiment die cutting.


The embossing powders melt like butter and have a very fine and creamy finish. I was very impressed and satisfied with the end results! 



I hope you enjoyed reading about the cards I made. 

Have a great day!

Cheers

Ankita 


Comments

  1. Both of your cards are beautiful, I love the fall colors. I have heard such great things about the WOW! Embossing Powders, I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Ankita and love the platinum embossing on both the backgrounds and the beautiful wreaths with the different autumnal colours look great Ankita. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment