Sparkle & Resist Technique


Hello paper crafting peeps and welcome to today's blog post where I will be showing the resist technique. 


For the background I have used these fabulous glitter collection Velvet, Fairy Tale & Emerald City. These glitter collections literally takes your breath away when you sprinkle it on for the first time, it is a perfect amount of embossing powder and glitter combination.


Step 1: Heat emboss the 'Pop' background with the glitter collection embossing powders. I have used a rectangle stitched die to cut out the 3 panels to mount on various cardstock bases. I have used 2 x side folding and 1 x  top folding card bases.

Step 2: Each sentiment has been heat embossed with Bright White Opaque regular embossing powder on MFT stitched arch dies on white cardstock. 





Step 3: With various inks such as dye inks from Lawn Fawn & Simon Says Stamp and a Ranger Distress Oxide Ink I have ink blended with blending tool on each diecut. 


Step 4 : With a tissue I have gently wiped excess ink on the embossing leaving the sentiment even brighter to stand out on the inked cardstock. This reveals the sentiment to leaving an awe factor to the resist technique.


 Step 5: Each sentiment has been foam mounted and I have embellished with an array of sequins, wood veneers & droplets.


Click to watch how I made this card







Hope you enjoyed today's card creations. 

Paper Crafting Hugs
Jo




Comments

  1. Wonderful cards with resist technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is a great name for these EP's (& company)! Holy smokes these a gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty Jo and I love all the different colours of that fab glitter EP on Marion's beautiful background stamp and the stitched arch die cut shape looks great with each of the sentiments. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment Pat... I still remember how this stamp came about, I was travelling with the boss to the States and he had the laptop out that was touch screen, and I pressed my finger a bit hard into it and it made a circle, so I started pressing it all over, much to his dismay :) :) and the idea of 'Pop' was born !!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. These are simply gorgeous Jo and those colours...... WOW! Love them !! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thought maybe you were going to do the resist technique with the glittery embossing powders. Nearly tried this technique with some tinsel embossing powders I have but thought maybe the ink wouldn't wipe off due to the texture. Looks like I will have to experiment myself, just so I know!! Those glittery ones look great. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment