Foiled Thanks


Hello crafty friends, how are we all? There have been some amazing DT projects so far this month and some gorgeous challenge entries so far. I can't wait to see some more! I'm a huge fan of Fab Foils so I really enjoyed making this super-shiny card.


To start, I stamped circular images across the card front using the Hearts & Twine Stamp Set. I sprinkled the images with Bonding Powder then melted with a heat tool. While the powder was still tacky I lay Violet Fab Foil on top face side up and rubbed with a burnishing tool before peeling it away.



I then stamped smaller circles across the card, sprinkled with Bonding Powder then brushed some of the powder away with a small brush before melting  to create a distressed look. I used Rose Gold Fab Foil over these areas.


They are so clever these Fab Foils, you don't even need heat to use them. For this border I just ran double-sided tape down the edge then placed a strip of Fab Foil on top, rubbed gently then peeled it away, simple!


For extra dimension I added circles on top of some of the existing ones with foam pads underneath 
and I created a circular sentiment using the Just Saying Stamp Set.

Grab those Fab Foils and show me your makes!









Comments

  1. Great card. Where do you buy the foil from? I've tried a few foils now and they don't work. Did you cover the double sided tape with that bonding powder? What's the chance of you putting links up so we can buy them with little effort on our part lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, sorry, not sure where the links went, (had a few gremlins with this post) but they are above now and you can shop to your heart's content. Xx

      Delete
    2. Meant to say, no bonding powder needed when using DST, just apply the foil on top of the exposed tape, rub and peel !! Xx

      Delete
    3. Thanks Andrea, I think you'll find the WOW Foils really easy to work with xx

      Delete
  2. How shiny and pretty Sarah and the pretty lilac looks great with the gold foil. I must buy some of the bonding powder and give this a go. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, I think this is one of my fav SJR projects, the bonding powder is great, a little tip, once you've applied the foil, let it cool completely before peeling off, perfect results every time !!! Xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Pat, you'll enjoy them xx

      Delete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!
    THANK YOU for sharing and INSPIRING! I have tried foiling with toner and not been very successful, really looking forward to giving bonding powder a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, it works very well with Bonding Powder (see Marion's tip above) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment