Fears Conspire | Art Journal Page

Hello crafty friends,

I hope you're all doing well. It's Fran with you today with some more WOW! themed inspiration!


I've had a longing to do some journaling recently this month's brief fitted perfectly and allowed me to scratch my creative itch, so to speak.

So my page is a rather atmospheric affair which was inspired by one of my favourite songs and the reality of worries and fears. The beauty of journaling I find, is channeling fears and worries onto a page and giving them a creative outlet. 



The monochromatic colour scheme worked well with the general theme of the page adding in some small areas of metallic embossing powders lifted it just the right amount. 


I used Melt It powder, Ebony black embossing powder and silicone heart mould to create the embellishment which is incorporated into the photo with cotton trailing out from underneath onto the following pages, entangled with words. Using Perissa thick embossing powder adds a texture around the photo and in loops of gathered cotton.


The Go Figure numbers stamp has been stamped with black ink around the edges of the page, then stenciled over with a number design and light texture paste. I added Champers and Ebony black embossing powder on top of the wet paste then melted to give metallic sheen.

I hope you enjoyed today's project and feel revved up to get stuck into this month's challenge!

xxx
Where to Buy:

Comments

  1. What an atmospheric and clever journal page Fran and I love the monochrome look and I the dreamy effect of the photo. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment